Architect(s): MAD Architects
MAD Architects announces the winners of the 2017 MAD Travel Fellowship. From over 500 global applicants, 5 overseas students will be granted the travel fellowship fund to visit China, while 5 Chinese students will be granted the fund for overseas travel.
Huaxia Airlines, an airline based out of China’s Gansu Province, partners with MAD to sponsor the Fellows’ various travels within China.
Overseas Fellows to visit China:
1. Roberto Vargas Calvo, from Costa Rica, a 5th year undergraduate student in Veritas University, Costa Rica
2. Kyriaki Goti, from Greece, a 2nd year graduate student in University of Stuttgart, Germany
3. Hossein Goudarzi, from Iran, a 1st year graduate student in University of New Mexico, USA
4. Federico Fauli, from Italy, a 2nd year graduate student in Architectural Association, UK
5. Shaun McCallum, Scotland, a 1st year graduate student in University of Applied Art Vienna, Austria
Chinese Fellows to travel overseas:
1. LI Qiwei, a 4th year undergraduate student in Beijing University of Civil engineering and Architecture, China. Travel Destination: Russia, Ukraine
2. WEN Zishen, a 2nd year graduate student in Tsinghua University, China. Travel Destination: Germany, Austria, Italy
3. WU You, a 1st year graduate student in Princeton University, USA. Travel Destination: France
4. YI Zhe, a 1st year graduate student in Yale University, USA. Travel Destination: Japan
5. WEI Tangchenxi, a 2nd year graduate student in Southeast University, China. Travel Destination: Netherlands
Chinese Architect Ma Yangsong initiated MAD Travel Fellowship in 2009. During the past 7 editions the program has sponsored 35 students for their overseas travels. All students traveled with individually-determined research topics and presented their studies upon their returns. Starting in 2017, the program was updated to have further international reach. The MAD Travel Fellowship now annually sponsors 5 overseas students for trips to China, and 5 Chinese students for overseas travel. For students wishing to meet with architects they find valuable to their research topics, MAD will help to request and arrange meetings.
MAD 2017 Travel Fellowship Sponsor: Huaxia Airlines (China Express Airlines)
More information about MAD 2017 Travel Fellowship: www.i-mad.com/fellowship