Josep Miàs | MiAS ARCHITECTS
Josep Miàs | MiAS ARCHITECTS, founded in 2000 by Josep Miàs, architect, in Barcelona, is specialized in architecture, detail design, urban design and planning, city development, landscape design, interior design, product design and branding and theming. Since its foundation, the office works have won several prestigious awards. Among them, we highlight:
• 2011 APLUS ARCHITECTURAL AWARD [Best Spanish Educational Facility]
• 2009 CATALONIA CONSTRUCTION AWARD [Renovation]
• 2007 ARCHITECTURAL AWARDS OF GIRONA AREA [Public Space]
• 2007 CITY OF BARCELONA AWARD [Architecture and Urbanism]
• 2004 AJAC AWARD Association for young Architects in Catalonia [Built Work]
The work in the office is intensely developed from the first drawing sketches to the design digitalization with the introduction of digital modelling and design, structural analysis and engineering in the aim of obtaining the best result. Some of the works that are better known are: Awarded Banyoles old town, Girona; Awarded Municipal Market in Barceloneta, Barcelona; Municipal Market in Rubí, Barcelona; Puppet Theatre in Tibidabo Amusement Park, Barcelona; Annexa-Joan Puigbert Primary School in Girona; Topographic House in Llavaneres, Girona; Awarded Pyrenees Club Golf in Fontanals, Girona and iGuzzini Illuminazione España S.A. Headquarters in Barcelona.
Among other works, and with different scales, these are the most important buildings that are now in execution:
• Pujades 22@ Plug & Play Office Building, Barcelona.
• Single house in Besalú, Barcelona.
• 20-Storey housing building in Torre Baró, Barcelona.
• Pedestrian Bridge over the motorway in Palafolls, Barcelona.
• Health Centre in Arenys de Munt, Barcelona.